Your First Visit
Has it been a while since you’ve been to the dentist? Maybe not sure what to expect? That’s ok, we will make a fresh start when we meet you.
At The Dentist at 70 Pitt Street, we have a team of professionals to help you achieve your best oral health. With new patients, we like to spend a 90-minute appointment with you, where you will be assessed by both our dentist and hygienist team. Yet sometimes we just have a chat and work up to having treatment.
Our dentists will take X-rays of your teeth to check for cavities and general dental health and discuss any concerns that you may have in addition to the shape and colour of your teeth or the alignment or the way you chew. Our hygienist will assess your gums for periodontal disease and perform the scaling, polishing, and fluoride treatments.
We are happy to answer any and all questions that you may have, and we cater to folks who are a bit anxious or concerned about the visit. We want you to be comfortable in our practice and with the treatment that you receive.
What to expect on your first visit
At your first visit to The Dentist at 70 Pitt Street, we’ll carry out a series of tests and examinations to ensure we have a clear picture of your dental wellbeing. These include:
- We take time to get to know you and let you get to know us. As well as answer all of those questions you have about your teeth.
- An assessment of your medical and lifestyle risk from your completed new patient registration and history.
- Examination of your face, neck, jaw muscles, and joints to check function and health.
- Examination of your cheeks, tongue, lips, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Assessment of the integrity of your teeth covering:
- Signs of decay (cavities).
- Tooth wear.
- Existing restorations.
- Overall appearance and colour.
- Assessment of gum health and appearance.
- Review of panoramic and any other X-ray images.
- 3D scanning of your teeth
- Diagnostic photographs.
- Impressions for diagnostic models, if required.
- Discussion of the recommended treatment and follow-up care.
This comprehensive dental session will help us develop a clear, practical preventative care plan for you and gives us an idea of which restorative treatments you may need.
Dr. Catrina Carroll, Dr. Catherine-Anne Walsh, and Christine Fisher-Stoess.
Contact Us Today
Would you like more information? Let us help. Send us a message or call (02) 9233 3399
Monday: 9am – 7pm
Tuesday: 8am – 5pm
Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturdays: 8am – 1pm