Improve your mouth’s function and your confidence with dental implants
Losing a tooth can be a very stressful and emotional event. At The Dentist at 70 Pitt Street, we do everything we can to prevent this from happening to you. When we can’t avoid an extraction, or where you may be missing a tooth from childhood, rest assured that it does not mean you have to learn to chew with fewer teeth or smile with a ‘gappy’ smile. We can replace your missing tooth. There are a few options for you and it’s best you have a chat with our Dentist to see which option suits your situation. One of the options is to fill the gap with a dental implant or a ‘bionic tooth’.
Everybody and every tooth is different, we need to assess you and go over the risks and limitations of all the options available to you as implants are not necessarily appropriate for all patients. Once you understand your options you will be able to make the right choice for you. With all surgery, implant placement is not without its risk and limitations. If you have questions let us know as the more you know the more control you will have over what you want to do. We encourage all our patients to seek a specialist second opinion – we work alongside some of Sydney’s most skilled and caring specialists.
One of the best restorative treatments that dentistry has to offer
Dental implants are a great advancement in dentistry. They have an impressive track record of over 40 years and are now a routine restorative treatment at The Dentist. It is important that you attend for a consultation to discuss what options may be best for you and your missing tooth. We work beside the specialists to place the implant screw and we place the implant crown. Implant treatment involves 2 stages:
What to expect during Dental Implant Treatment?
- Remove the hopeless tooth
- Placement of the titanium fixture (dental implant) into the toothless space.
- At the end of this stage, the fixture is invisible or barely visible in the mouth.
- Some people choose to be sedated during this procedure. Often called sleep dentistry.
- Like any surgery, dental implant surgery could have some minor complications. However, problems are very rare, and if they do occur, they’re usually easily treatable. The most common side effect is pain or infection at the implant site. This can be avoided with proper aftercare, which we will talk you through. Though the process takes several months, the results are worth the wait.
The dental implant has to integrate into the bone this takes 3-6 months. If your missing tooth is in your smile we place a temporary tooth or denture while you are awaiting your permanent implant crown.
Placement of an implant crown over the titanium fixture (dental implant). This stage requires two visits and is done at The Dentist. The first visit is to take an impression and the second is to place the custom-made implant crown. At the end of this stage, the toothless space is filled with a natural-looking tooth.
Our restorative treatment services
Learn more about our range of dental services: